Monday, April 16, 2007

I {heart} DVR's

Just for the record... I absolutely LOVE my DVR. You may be muttering to yourself "well then why don't you marry it?" My response to you would then be... "if you were allowed to marry inanimate objects... Devn might be in trouble (just kidding... but seriously... I'd have consider polygamy as the best alternative... seeing as I do not wish to live the rest of my life without either)."

For those of you a bit less tech-savvy... a DVR is a digital video recorder. Much like a VCR (though soooo much more wonderful than), it will record TV shows for you. However, it does not rely on videotapes or eat them either. You can set it to record multiple shows at the push of a button. It really is that easy.

Also if you are watching a live show (one you haven't previously recorded), you can actually "instant replay" the program or pause it while you walk to the kitchen (clear in the other room), get a bowl out of the cupboard, open the freezer, take out the ice cream, open the ice cream, get out the ice cream scoop, scoop the ice cream into the bowl, put the lid back the ice cream, but the ice cream back in the freezer, open the drawer to get a spoon, put the spoon in the bowl of ice cream, close the spoon drawer, turn off the kitchen light and carry the ice cream clear back into the family room and actually not miss one precious TV viewing moment. Priceless.

I rarely have to sit through advertisements and thanks to my previously recorded library (up to 100 hours worth) and there is ALWAYs something on that I want to watch... even during the day when soap operas own the airwaves. Now... this being said, I must clarify that I do not spend my whole day watching TV on my said DVR. In fact, I can now view my personal list of "must-see-TV" shows much more efficiently... in approximately 2/3 of the time that it would normally take to get through a show (since I can skip passed the ads) thus allowing me more time for all of the others loves in my life (or new shows as admittedly the case may sometimes be).

So folks... here it is... I present to you... the DVR.

It has truly revolutionized the way I watch TV. How did I ever live without it?

4 comments:

{Erica} said...

I'm sending this post to meidacom...maybe they'll hire you as a sales rep for DVR...perhaps a commercial?! I too flipping {{{HEART}}} my DVR... just hit the pause button and I could eat the whole carton of ice cream (should I desire), get brain freeze, read my US weekly magazine and then hit play, hone rings, pause, chat on phone, play, baby cries out, pause...you get the picture! Hmmm, it's definetly a MUST HAVE feature once you have kids!...I guess that's why I got that for my five year wedding anniversary present...hey..some girls get jewelry, I ASKED FOR DV-freaking-R!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Abby you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

I too cannot live without this miraculous invention! You are soooo right! They too have changed my life! And you really should get paid for your advertising and sales skills!

{Erica} said...

wow, emily and steph sure did enjoy this blog.....:)