Friday, September 28, 2007

Discovery

Ellee has reached the age of discovery. She is always busy and constantly learning. As she plays you can actually see the connections being made in her brain. She spends a lot of time rearranging our kitchen cupboards and putting the garbage in the toy box and the toys in the garbage (yeah, gross I know, I thought the garbage was out of reach!). Last week she was playing outside with her grandma helping her pick the dandelions and other weeds. Ellee kept busy by pulling those already picked dandelions out of the bucket, one by one, and then proceeded to put them back in the bucket, again, one by one.

Just the other day I saw her playing with the bucket of tomatoes and squash. She would reach in the bucket, pull out a tomato, put it on the windowsill, repeat. Then when she was satisfied with her row of tomatoes, she would throw, not place gently, but exuberantly throw the tomatoes back into the bucket. Every now and then, she would sample the tomatoes and each time she would remember that she didn't like them and throw them back into the bucket. So cute! However, with a whole bucket full of soft & bruised tomatoes and a few with bites taken out, we had to act quickly. We now have ourselves a whole lot of canned salsa!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I think this is the funnest stage. I love watching Drew figure things out. Ellee is getting so big and she is as adorable as ever!

Sarah C said...

That is a really cute story. Ellee is beautiful. Way to go making salsa.

Debbi said...

YUM! homemade salsa is the best! Your pictures are great - Ellee is getting so big!

Unknown said...

oh my heck she's cute! I wish she was here and could play together with mailee...they'd have so much fun together I just know it. I loved the pictures...the one of the tomatoes on the windowsill is gorgeous. I love the look on her face, it's like she's saying "what? you got a problem?"

Mindy said...

Oh, that baby! I love those pix! Don't you just love being a mom?

cfm said...

cody would like to do that with tomatoes too...he dislikes them ;)