Sunday, March 18, 2007

What a shame


Yesterday I heard the funniest thing on the radio... funny as in I can't believe what I am hearing funny... as in are you kidding me funny... as in... okay you get the point. Anyhow, it being St. Patrick's day I guess people think that it is okay to go out and start drinking from dawn to dusk... okay really from dawn to dawn the next day.

But anyway, it was about 2:30 and the radio personality was downtown at some of the bars and was interviewing various people there. The first girl was describing how she started off her festivities with a toast to the day... bloody mary I believe was what she toasted with. Next she went to one bar for it's early opening to kick off the party. There she consumed 4 shots and 2 bloody mary's. Next she hit the street parties to dance (if that is what you can call it with this much liquor in your system) and throw down a few more drinks. I believe she made mention of a few martinis and a couple margaritas. Then it was at the next bar that the radio guy caught up with her for this interview. She mentioned that she was currently enjoying another bloody mary, the third of the 3 she consumed at this bar. She said she is still going strong... may I remind you that it is only 2:30 pm!!!!

Then next part is the part that makes me laugh. Well, the radio guy then asks her what her plans are for the rest of the day. And she mentioned a few more bars and street parties and then says church! She actually said she was going to try and make it to church between all of these parties! The radio guy then laughs a bit and asks her why... why church on saturday... amidst all of the partying? She then says that she doesn't want to be bothered by church with the hangover that she is planning on having on Sunday!!!

Can you believe it? What a sad sad day we live in!

On happier note... this was the first year that I got to pinch Devn for not wearing green! I had gotten dressed before him so he was still in his jammies and I got him!!! HA take that Devn!

Also we enjoyed large green Shamrock Shakes in honor of the day. Thanks McDonald's!

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

I heard this interview on the radio on the way to wally world....i thought the same thing! Makes me very aware of the world we're living in and the things our kids will have to endure...scary!

Debbi said...

Sad story, let's just hope that she wasn't going to drive to church on top of all of that! But hey - at least you got Devn