Rub A Dub Dub
Well since about Ellee's third week of life, she has loved her baths. She just smiles away and just stares at me in an admiring sort of way... which I love by the way. But just in the last week or so, she has figured out that when she flails her arms and kicks her legs, funny noises are made, water is splashed and mommy gets really excited for her. So now, although still apprehensive as she's getting in the water (maybe mom is making it too warm or cold?) she takes to it in a matter of seconds and really loves playing.
However... Sunday night, we called Jeff to sing Happy Birthday to him... I know it was a day late, but he was gone all day on the real deal day, we tried I promise... anyway, I was in bathing Ellee and Devn came in and gave me the cue to start singing. Well, Devn thinks it is extra funny to listen to the key I am singing in and choose a totally clashing key for his own voice... I wish it was just him being tone deaf, but unfortunately he has a really nice voice and just likes to sabotage me into singing in a really awkward range and listening to me struggle to match him. I swear that is it!
Anyhow, Ellee normally smiles great smiles in the tub as she plays and I sing to her. However, she knew this time that whatever noise we were making definitely was not singing! It must have been the most horrifying sound ever because as we started, her bottom lip hit an instant pout. And it quickly grew from a cute little pout to a terrified wailing! And as soon as we finished our song, she looked at me, stopped crying, took a deep whimpering breathe and just furrowed her brow as if saying, "mommy, that was really scary... don't ever do that again!"
It was great! I wish you all could have seen her. Instead, I caught a pleasant faced baby bathing for you!

1 comment:
She's soo flipping CUTE!
Post a Comment