Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pie anyone?

For thanksgiving this year, we were lucky enough to have some family very close by and got to spend a few days with Devn's brother Justin and his family. His wife Meghan made her first turkey, and might I add that it was delicious... great job Meghan! And our assignment was a pie. Well anyone who knows Devn knows that he always brings the best treats... at least the most for sure. So I thought... well, we have to have a pumpkin pie cause its Thanksgiving and that is what you have, but I really like apple pie, so I thought I'd make both and we could have some leftovers... since it was just the four of us. But Devn insisted on 4 pies. Why 4 you ask? I have yet to figure him out... sorry. So Wednesday afternoon and night we made pies. Yup that is all we did.

Pictured below is the assortment... Coconut Cream; Apple; Pumpkin Chiffon; Lemon Merengue

Well we loved spending time with Justin, Meghan and the boys, they were great hosts. I am very thankful for such a great family... and grateful that Devn has a great family that he can share with me... and even more thankful for the tiny little family of my own including a wonderful husband and best friend and our dear little sweetheart Ellee! And I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the sacrifice of our Savior so that I can have an eternal family. And for this holiday season that helps us all reflect on the birth and life of Christ and draw closer to our friends and family.

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

K i don't have your email address...i have your old work one that's it...weird...anyway, i sent out an evite to the ornament exchange party and didn't have your email...so give it to me so i can include you.

Erica

ps nice pies. that's how I remember you...bringing a pie to the allreds house.

Lauren said...

Yum! Those pies look excellent. I had some pumpkin pie at a Thanksgiving luncheon at school here in Madrid, but it wasn't the same as eating Thanksgiving at home! I will definitely need to make pies for Christmas :-) Are you coming to Milwaukee at all for the holidays? I want to meet Ellee!