So we've all seen this Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair, and I was fortunate to find a brand new one from an overstock store for $19.99, including the pink slipcover... one of my latest greatest bargains that I was very proud of. It actually had a little dirt stain, probably from a stroller wheel rubbing against the bottom as it passed by, so they offered it to me for $20 instead of the sale price of $50 (regular price $100). So, knowing that you can zip off the cover and wash it, I proudly took it home. The dirt washed right off and it was seriously good as new. Ellee absolutely loves it and it is the cutest thing to watch her climb into it with her blanket or a book and snuggle or read to herself while lounging.
However... she recently figured out that if she stands on her chair, then she can reach the skittles from where we thought was a sneaky place to stash it. So she found this stash and helped herself one day while I was apparently not paying good enough attention to her. What we ended up with is a nicely tye-dyed chair and a baby on a sugar high!
Ooooh... Mom!!! Look what I found!!!!
Thank goodness for a few things here; one, the chair cover, as mentioned before, is machine washable; two, Ellee loves brushing her teeth; three, we figured out that we need to hide the treats elsewhere!
It is quite hard to say no when she does her sign for more though... we try to reward her when she uses her words or signs to communicate rather than just whining or crying... but I don't think this candy addiction needs anymore feeding! So now we are trying to teach her that the word "no" doesn't mean it's the end of the world! It is a lot to take in as a 1 1/2 year old, I know. So much to learn.
Side note: For a while I think she thought that the sign for more actually was a sign for give me candy! But lately she's been using it even just when she wants me to turn on more music for her to dance too. So very cute! We'll be back with some dancing videos... she has some pretty rockin moves...

6 comments:
Look how big she is! What a doll! I've decided that kids have selective learning. Only what suits them! Brooklyn definitely has selective hearing. I KNOW she ignores me sometimes :)
p.s. I didn't see a cute belly peeking out of the bottom of that video :)
Look at smarty pants Ellee! What a good smart girl you have! She is such a cutie and her chair is such a great deal! The only reason we got one is we had a gift card for Pottery Barn Kids and only had to pay $20 for it. They are great chairs - I think I sit in it more than the boys do!
I love getting good deals! It's like a shopping high! Tralee does the "more" sign too, and she does the little arm flappy thing just like Ellee!! Too cute!
Look at all that hair! She is so cute! Chloe & Ellee need a play date. How does August sound?
Your BACK!!! I can't believe it! Congrats on the little boy! We are due with our little boy in the end of May! I thought he was a girl since it was different than Camden but no...it's another boy! And nice deal on the chair it's really cute!
Drew loves his anywhere chair too! Ellee is so darn cute! It's amazing how smart kids are. Doug and I have to constatly tell each other, "He's not as dumb as we think he is."
Post a Comment