Go-To Meals
We all have our few favorite to eat or easy to make dinners that it seems we make ALL the time. We all get sick of them but somehow forget that we can stray from the usual. We call this a cooking rut. Happens to everyone.
I am interested in what your go to meals are. I need some more dinnertime ideas and I know you can help me fellow bloggers... post your meal... Please!
Here is mine!
1 bottle of spaghetti sauce (any variety)
1 bag of frozen cheese ravioli
1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed dry
1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella
1 container of ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
Heat oven to 350° F.
Spoon a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of a 9-by-9-inch or 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
Cover with a single layer of ravioli.
In a seperate bowl, mix the mozzarella, ricotta cheese and eggs together.
Top with half the spinach, half the cheese mixure, and a third of the sauce.
Repeat with another layer of ravioli and the remaining spinach, cheeese, and sauce.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Serve with a delicious green salad and garlic bread.
Enjoy!
*I omit the spinach
*You can add browned hamburger to sausage if you want or just about anything else you want
*I soak the ravioli in hot water while I making the cheese mixture so that they aren't frozen so the baking doesn't take as long.


1 comment:
OK, not really a recipie, but when we have no ideas left (and sometimes not much food), we have beans and rice burritos. We always seem to have refried beans, rice and tortillas. Very fast. Very cheap. Pretty good tasting too!
Post a Comment