My week as the mom = My week to blog
As many of you know, this week, Abby volunteered to be a counsellor for a regional EFY that 3 local stakes are sponsoring. I figured I had better let her since I was the reason that she couldn't be a counselor before. Usually the EFY counselors are young single adults and I started dating Abby the last month of her freshman year and kinda messed up her plans... So we arranged to stay in Iowa an extra few weeks so she could have this opportunity and I quit my jobs a week early so I could be a dad. And boy! I thought studying for boards was hard. Little did I know!
Ellee however is quite well adjusted to life with dad. I've only dropped her on her head once in 2 days! She's not complaining though with someone always at her beck and call. She just claps and I come running... No... Really, I do... Hasn't made for very productive packing-to-move-next-Wednesday.
But she has adjusted well to my preferred diet of soda and vitamin supplements (though I mix her protein powder in with baby food).
Ellee, at lunch time, still in her PJ's, strapped down in her car seat so she can't move, and sipping on 64oz. of heaven.
And the signal for "no dad, I'm not done yet!"
I've paid the price though in poopies changed. I'm logging 6.5/day in the past 2 days. (up from the .7/month in the fist 11 months of her life...) But it's great! I really would love to be a stay at home Dad! (once I get my endurance up...)
And sorry I don't know how to make my pictures pretty like Abby, but if everyone was as good as Abby it would give the rest of us nothing to shoot for.
I did however figure out I needed to write my name backwards with the sparkler so the picture looks forward.
(Even though obviously I have already come into stride with my doctor's penmanship)
Ha! I am better at something (at least on the first try...)
Okay fine... Hers IS more readable even though it's backwards...
Thanks for reading!
Devo

6 comments:
WOW...as I read this entry to Bret we had a good laugh at your writing and the pictures! I'll have to try that some time...strap mailee into her seat and give her a 64 ounce to work on :). Can't wait for your next post.
ps you can be like nate and bret and come to lunch bunch with us. we'll be at the play area in the mall today around 12-12:30....bring the 64 ounce if you please.
Congrats on surviving thus far! Best of luck in the endeavor of the rest of the week! the sparklers are pretty impressive, I've never taken a photo of my writing...I'll have ot try that... :D.
Wow I am so impressed with your blogging skills. Way to go. You are a great dad. Yippy! Cute picutres.
That is pretty funny! Can you teach Chris how to do more dirty diapers? Maybe I should take Abby's lead and go somewhere without Camden?!? Just a thought..thanks!
Devo--have I mentioned lately that I love you? You are a sweet daddy. I love the pic in the car seat and think it was pretty awesome of you to help abby fulfill her dreams (being an efy councilor ROCKS!)you are very talented! xxo
Dev, you are so funny. I always knew you would be a good dad, but it still thrills me to see it. (Although a diet of soda for a baby has somewhat to be desired.) Look at me - I said "thrilled." That's such a mom thing to say. Anyway, I'm glad you're you.
Post a Comment