Mmm... I'll what you're having
Funny little girl. She sits and stares at us while we eat. She follows the spoon from our plates to our mouths with her eyes and then looks at us as if saying... "Did that taste good? I bet it did. I sure wish I could have some too." After a while you can't help but feel a little guilty.
So we gave it. We bought a highchair and some infant food and started. She opens her mouth as wide as it will possibly open and lurches after the spoon as far as the highchair will allow. She then proceeds to mush it around in her mouth, grimace and gag. Then as she swallows, she shakes her head as if to tell me that it took everything she had to not throw up. I do recall doing that myself with my vegetables as a child... teenager... okay fine, I still do that. Anyhow, it is a riot to watch. Then she proceeds to open her mouth for more... as if it was the best thing she ever had... or may she thinks it will taste different this time. After we get past this first bite ritual, however, she could eat for hours.
So we gave it. We bought a highchair and some infant food and started. She opens her mouth as wide as it will possibly open and lurches after the spoon as far as the highchair will allow. She then proceeds to mush it around in her mouth, grimace and gag. Then as she swallows, she shakes her head as if to tell me that it took everything she had to not throw up. I do recall doing that myself with my vegetables as a child... teenager... okay fine, I still do that. Anyhow, it is a riot to watch. Then she proceeds to open her mouth for more... as if it was the best thing she ever had... or may she thinks it will taste different this time. After we get past this first bite ritual, however, she could eat for hours.
To date she has now sampled (in no particular order) rice cereal, squash, peas, applesauce, pears, and a pink candy heart (thanks to her father... you couldn't even have given her the white one?), and Mountain Dew (yup, thanks again Devn!). As of now she shows no particular preference (except I'm told that she really liked the candy heart and she really didn't like the Dew).

4 comments:
She is so cute! I'm glad she likes the food....crazy to think our kids are old enough to be eating food! (candy hearts and dew included :P)
Those are soo cute - and it's a good thing she didn't like the dew. Poor Gage loved coke (meaning any pop) so much he said the word coke before milk. Sad.
She's a doll Abby! I can't believe how big she is! I'm so glad you have a smiley baby! SO CUTE!
Post a Comment