Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Poor Baby

I can always count on either Devn or myself to be sick during Christmas. Well, other than the staying up too late playing games and eating junk food induce colds, we made fairly healthy... that is until New Years. Well Devn got really sick with the flu and bronchitis and an ear infection... luckily I didn't get it. Unfortunately, on January 2, the same day Devn flew home to get back for school, Ellee started coughing. That same day I drove down to Salt Lake to hang out with my parents for another week.

That first night in SLC, Ellee woke up at 12:30 am panicking... luckily I hadn't yet gone to bed, so it wasn't too obnoxious. She was so congested that she couldn't breathe. After sucking out her nose a few times she went back to sleep but this time in her car seat so that her nose would drain a bit. Suffice it to say that is was a very long night. Welcome to UT! It seems like the last few trips we've had to UT haven't been all that pleasant... e.i. stolen car... I won't get into that though...

Anyway, really long introduction made short... Ellee was so congested and coughy (is that a word?) that she wouldn't eat so she got a bit dehydrated and since Devn was so sick and likely passed whatever he had on to our baby, I was a bit worried. My mom, a nurse, was even a bit concerned and she is never concerned, so it concerned me even more.

So we took her to the hospital and after 3 1/2 hours & 2 failed IV attempts in her hands... Ellee was pumped full of liquids through an IV in her head and sent home. Thanks Mom, Dad & Kate for waiting so patiently! Sorry, I didn't think it would take that long... and I certainly don't think that it had to anyway. So at least Ellee is okay and by the time flew home, she was already doing a lot better. And at least we got some cute pictures for the scrapbook!

Perfectly content in her oversized hospital gown...


But after 2 hours of sitting doing nothing and 3 needles later... we have not so happy baby.

3 comments:

{Erica} said...

Those pics are sooo sad!! I'm sorry that you had a rough time during your trip! Poor little thing. (how come some of the pics aren't showing up?)

Laura B. said...

Poor poor Ellee!! Some of the pics aren't showing up, but I can only imagine how sad she must have been!

Debbi said...

I agree - those are the saddest pictures! At least she is over it now and doing great! Yeah for a new digital camera - it's nice to have you blog again :)