Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not so jolly after all...

Now this isn't the first time that Ellee has met Santa. In fact, she has met him more than 4 times in her short life. However, this is the first time she's met him since she has been 2... and that pretty much says it all. Santa himself was great and not too in your face friendly, but just the perfect amount of Jolly. Ellee was very excited to go see him and sit on his lap and say Ho Ho Ho with him and maybe even get some candy. That is until we were walking toward him. She was a little nervous, and then she got super freaked out when he waved to her. She refused to get even within 15 feet of him and even then was clinging on to me for dear life! This is her hiding from this scary guy!


Will pretty much was expressionless during the whole thing... I couldn't even get him to smile! Too much to take in I guess.


Donna and I laughed so hard at Ellee's reaction (though not unexpected) and Donna suggested through her laughter that we make sure we get a picture of Ellee screaming next to Santa! So Donna swooped her up and took her literally kicking and screaming while I snapped some shots!


Maybe we'll try again another time... and maybe she'll be more curious... if she isn't scarred from this first time!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That's pretty great! I'm so glad you took those pictures! It should be the picture on your Christmas card! :)

Kellie said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious - it's funny what things kids are scared of and what doesn't scare them, haha.

Mindy said...

Oh. That's really funny. I think all of my kids have had a screaming picture with Santa.

Anonymous said...

Ellie is sooooo cute. And funny. Did Will like Santa? Maybe you should try again, though.