Thursday, June 14, 2007

no internet = no blogging

So here I sit at the West Des Moines public library with exactly 29 mintures left of my 30 minute internet allowance. I have no pictures with me... no good stories... nothing for you. Sorry.

But you just wait... as soon as we get the internet at home again... I am going to go blogging bananas... B-A-N-A-N-A-S! I have lots of fun things to show you... first trip to the pool pics... Ellee's 10 month info & pitures... and I am sure there are more, but with this internet allowance manager flashing my remaining time in my face on the corner of this screen, I am rather distracted... not to mention my little one here who when not singing very loudly in the very quiet library, is whining (crying) cause she wants to go home. So without further ado... I bid you farwell... for now... until a later unknown date. I will leave you with this...

After a trip to the dr. office and 2 fails attempts at a blood draw, a trip to the hospital... 5 needle pricks (more like needle probing)... one in the foot, one in the left arm, 2 in the right, and one in the head (she was cursed with bad veins from her mother), and a very tired & grumpy from screaming her head off all day baby, we discovered that Ellee has a milk allergy!!!! I know... devestating! Maybe this is what had to happen so that she eats healthy and I can't take the easy way out of cooking. No mac & cheese... no pizza... no melted cheese samdwiches... no ice cream. What in the world am I going to do!!! As I sit here, the agony of it all sinks in a little more.

That is all.

9 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

poor baby! and poor mama! please, please, please come use my internet! I have TWO available computers and a 3-yr-old to play with your munchkin!

Christi said...

oh man! I'm so sorry. Poor baby, I hate needles. You can talk to Sara Hastings about food options, Anna can't have milk either. You can come use my internet anytime too. -Well at least tell the end of the month. Good luck, and so sorry about Ellee.

Cassie said...

Hey!
That is exactly what my little boy Camden has...milk allergies! I have to agree it does make feeding him a task and he's a super picky eater so good luck to you! My last resort food is always a peanut butter sandwich (he refuses to eat jelly)!

Debbi said...

I love the way your wrote this post - and I'm sorry about the no internet/and blood draw. At least you know now and don't have to guess! I don't have much advice on what to cook - I use Gage's milk in recipies for his food, which is way more expensive to use, but at least he doesn't get an upset stomach. At least you've been able to nurse her soy forumula is so expensive and yucky smelling/tasting! Good luck!

{Erica} said...

So sorry to hear about Miss Ellee's allergy and the whole sha-bang that with finding that out...so sad when they have to prick your baby more than once! I would tell you go to my house to use our free wireless....Ellee can just play around and you could link right to it....just an option! Can't wait to see pics when you're up and running again!

Sarah said...

Hey Abby, that is aweful about the needle pricking, hard on baby and mommy! But form a milk allergy expert it is not the end of the world, it seems like it is, and it will probably feel that way for a long time, but ten years down the road you will look up and realize it really wasn't so bad. If you need any help just let me know.

vfg said...

allergy or intolerance?

sheesh!

vfg said...

such nice friends you have, miss abby. (just read comments). getting sad to leave?

Lauren said...

*sigh* I do miss Abby's blogs. But I'll have to get by until you are back online! :-) Aww, poor Ellee... but I'm sure you come up with all kinds of good food she can eat!